September 1, 2014
Details Announced for the JVCKENWOOD Booth at IFA 2014,
the World’s Largest Consumer Electronics Exhibition
Showcasing new and fun lifestyles with additional reference exhibits of new technologies in the fields of “CAROPTRONICS”*1 and Next-generation Imaging
JVCKENWOOD Corporation will exhibit at IFA 2014, the world’s largest tradeshow for consumer electronics and home appliances, to be held from September 5 (Fri) to 10 (Wed) at the Messe Berlin exhibition site in Berlin, Germany. Both JVC and KENWOOD brands will be featured. On exhibit will be new products in the car electronics category, for which JVCKENWOOD enjoys a significant share of the European market, and the optical & audio category, which focuses on new ways to enjoy outdoor activities. In addition, the booth will include reference exhibits of new technologies under development in “CAROPTRONICS”*1 and Next-generation Imaging, both of which have the potential to become future core businesses of JVCKENWOOD. As well as showcasing new and fun lifestyles with these products, there will be displays related to innovative fields, and various sales promotion activities will be conducted at the booth.
*1 “CAROPTRONICS”: JVCKENWOOD’s own name that applies optoelectronics technology to in-car equipment.
JVCKENWOOD booth (artist’s impression)
JVCKENWOOD Booth (Hall 2.2, Stand 109a/109)
Car Electronics — main exhibits
1) DNN9250DAB Wi-Fi® Network Navigation System
2) Navigation systems and car audio products with enhanced smartphone connectivity via HDMI®/MHL® and aptX® compatibility for improved Bluetooth® audio streaming sound quality
3) Navigation systems and car audio products with built-in DAB+ digital radio tuner and Bluetooth®
1) New smartphone-compatible AV receiver featuring multiple interfaces including HDMI®
2) Newly designed Double-DIN CD receiver with multicolor illumination; also, a receiver with built-in Bluetooth® running applications developed exclusively by JVC
3) New speakers and amps representing the 2nd generation of the “drvn” Series, renowned for its powerful sound and aggressive design
Optical & Audio — main exhibits
Action World Zone: Proposing new ways to enjoy audio and video outdoors
1) Water Scene
- GZ-RX115 & GZ-R15 “Everio” HD Memory Cameras are all-weather cam offering protection against water/dust/shocks/freezing
- GC-XA2 Action Camera, 2nd-generation model from the JVC ADIXXION Series
- HA-ETR40/ETX30 & HA-ENR15/EN10 sport headphones
2) Street Scene
- HA-MR55X/SR44X & HA-FR301/FR201/FX101 from the XX (XTREME XPLOSIVES) Series — headphones lineup with a development concept focused on deep bass & toughness
- RV-NB100/NB75 in the “BoomBlaster” Series — deep-bass portable audio systems with built-in Bluetooth® for smartphone music playback
“CAROPTRONICS” & Next-generation Imaging — main exhibits
1) “i-ADAS” for facilitating safe driving harnesses “CAROPTRONICS” based on JVCKENWOOD’s core technologies. The exhibit will include proposal on “i-ADAS” element and new technology (reference exhibit)
- High-brilliance head-up display: projecting vehicle information in full color and with high resolution on the windscreen.
- High-definition wide-angle digital mirror — replacing conventional side mirrors with cameras and a display that shows live images of an approaching vehicle in a rear blind spot.
- New-style advanced digital meters replace a car’s instruments with a display.
Booth visitors will be able to visually experience the above technologies from an easy-to-understand screen-based demonstration.
2) Near-eye Display (tentative naming) representing Next-generation Imaging technologies (reference exhibit)
This reference exhibit is of a wearable hands-free head-mounted display intended to support picking (logistics) operations and inspection/maintenance/repair work in warehouses, factories, etc. Thanks to a design that enables it to be worn for long periods and a large display for making information highly visible, this advanced tool can realize enhanced work efficiency, as booth visitors will be able to experience first-hand.
- Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of Wi-Fi Alliance®.
- HDMI® is a trademark or registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- MHL® is a trademark or registered trademark of MHL, LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc., used under license by JVCKENWOOD Corporation.
- CAROPTRONICS is a name created by JVCKENWOOD Corporation; it is a trademark or registered trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation.
- i-ADAS is a name created by JVCKENWOOD Corporation; it is a trademark or registered trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation.
- drvn is a trademark or registered trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation.
- BoomBlaster is a trademark or registered trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation.
- All other company names, brand names and product names are registered trademarks or trade names of their respective holders.
For further information, please contact:
- Public Relations & IR Department, Corporate Management Division, JVCKENWOOD Corporation
3-12, Moriya-cho, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 221-0022 Japan