January 7, 2013
Details Announced for JVCKENWOOD Booth at 2013 International CES
New products and technologies for 2013 from the JVC and KENWOOD brands to be exhibited
JVCKENWOOD Corporation will exhibit at the 2013 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), one of the world’s largest trade shows for consumer electronics and home appliances, to be held from January 8 (Tue) to 11 (Fri), 2013, in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A. Both the JVC and KENWOOD brands will be featured, with the booth displaying new products and technologies representing the next generation in visual and mobile entertainment.
JVCKENWOOD booth (artist’s impression)
JVCKENWOOD Booth (North Hall #1801, #1810)
Mobile Entertainment — main exhibits (#1801, #1810)
1. Technical exhibit: Next-generation HUD (Head-Up Display) for cars
Two types of JVCKENWOOD next-generation HUD displays for cars will be shown as technical exhibits. One features LCOS (Liquid Crystal on Silicon) technology which combines a reflective LCD and projector technology for a navigation screen that appears to float in front of the car’s windshield. The other is based on MEMS (Micro Electro Mechanical System) which uses a mirror to raster scan a laser beam that is modulated by a video signals. Visitors will be able to experience these prototype HUD displays first-hand at the booth.
2. KENWOOD brand main exhibits (#1801)
- Premiere exhibition of network-connective car navigation system equipped with Wi-Fi® technology. It offers new in-car entertainment with the ability to link to the KENWOOD server and various services outside the car as well as iPhone and Wi-Fi® compatible smartphones inside the car.
- Car navigation system supporting enhanced smartphone connectivity for Internet radio (Pandora, Aha Radio), and Garmin Smartphone Link compatibility.
- Renewed lineup of CD receivers including both 1DIN and 2DIN models. Enhanced smartphone integration for Internet radio (Pandora, Aha Radio, iHeart Radio) support. Digital media receivers also included in this exhibit of unique products.
- eXcelon lineup including world’s thinnest*1 amp and new speakers providing high-grade sound that’s a cut above.
*1 As of Jan. 7, 2013, for power amps scheduled for launch by April 2013 in U.S. market, source: JVCKENWOOD
3. JVC brand main exhibits (#1810)
- New AV receiver supporting MirrorLink™ as well as MHL (Mobile High-definition Link) for enjoyment of high resolution images.
- Car navigation system equipped with our original navigation engine offering the world’s top class high-speed operation and high precision. Broad lineup spans from high end models with new HD Radio features and upgraded applications, to entry models.
- New receiver lineup featuring enhanced smartphone connectivity. Products such as a DVD receiver offering compatibility with Android™ apps and other new applications such as Pandora in addition to iOS apps, as well as a Bluetooth® receiver that provides upgraded usability in conjunction with our original Android™ apps.
- “drvn” series new speakers and amps featuring powerful sound and aggressive design. New digital media receiver model with space-saving compact design for easy installation will be introduced.
Home & Mobile Entertainment — main exhibits (#1810)
1. Next-generation visual products and technologies
- GY-HMQ10 professional handheld 4K2K camera featuring JVC’s original FALCONBRID high-definition image processing engine and SDXC/SDHC storage for a next-generation image sourcing.
- Technical exhibit of large image sensor-equipped interchangeable lens type 4K2K camera equipped with large image sensor.
2. Wi-Fi® equipped video cameras and other new products
- Flagship camcorder offering precise, high-quality still capture even with fast-moving subjects.
- New lineup of HD Everio camcorders.
- GV-LS1/LS2 live streaming cameras offering high quality image recording and streaming, with remote operation*2 via smartphone or tablet.
- GC-XA1 “ADIXXION” action camera.
*2 Installation of JVC CAM Control (free app) is required for remote operation via iPad/iPhone or Android tablet/smartphone For remote operation via PC, installation of supplied software JVC CAM Control is required.
3. Unique and original concept headphones
- Renewed lineup of XX (XTREME XPLOSIVES) headphones based on theme of “deep bass sound and rugged design”.
- Technical exhibits: U.S. Premiere exhibit of HA-FXZ100 and HA-FXZ200 inner ear type headphones, both equipped with industry’s first bass-dedicated unit “Micro Tube Duct Woofer”, and newly retuned mid-range unit “Twin System Unit”.
- Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- iPhone, iPod and AirPlay are trademarks of Apple Inc. registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- MirrorLink™ is a trademark of the Car Connectivity Consortium.
- Android™ is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc.
- Bluetooth® and the Bluetooth logo are registered trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc., used under license by JVCKENWOOD Corporation.
- SDXC and SDHC are trademarks of SD-3C, LLC.
- Pandora is the corporate name of the Pandora Internet radio station in the U.S.
- drvn is a trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation registered in the U.S., Europe and China.
- eXcelon is a trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation registered in the U.S.
- All other company names, brand names and product names are registered trademarks or trade names of their respective holders.
For further information, please contact:
- Inquiries from the press
- Advertising and Publicity, Strategic Marketing Planning Division, JVCKENWOOD Corporation
3-12, Moriya-cho, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 221-0022 Japan