December 21, 2016
“Solutions that transform Perception”— new experiences and values by evolving human ingenuity
Details Announced for JVCKENWOOD Booth at 2017 International CES
■Exhibiting new products from Automotive and Media Service Sectors
■Special exhibit introducing OEM business activities in Automotive Sector
JVCKENWOOD Corporation will exhibit at the 2017 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), one of the world’s largest electronics shows, to be held from January 5 (Thu) to 8 (Sun), 2017, in Las Vegas, Nevada. This year, under the theme “Solutions that transform Perception”, the JVCKENWOOD booth will showcase new car audiovisual products that work with High Resolution Audio and smartphones in the Automotive Sector, and a professional newsgathering solution combining a pro-use camera and IP network, as well as new headphones and projectors, in the Media Services Sector. The venue will promote various products that provide new experiences and new values by evolving human ingenuity to new levels.
There will also be a special exhibit where we introduce the company’s efforts in the OEM business—an important area in addition to aftermarket business—in the Automotive Sector of JVCKENWOOD.
JVCKENWOOD booth at North Hall #4602 (artist’s impression)
Major exhibits in the Automotive Sector
1) Prominent lineup of new products under the KENWOOD brand proposes a wide variety of systems from navigation to dashboard cameras.
- New display audio product supporting Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™, playback of DSD™ (Direct Stream Digital) High Resolution Audio files, and is equipped with electrostatic touch panel for clear high-contrast images and intuitive touch operation.
- Newly designed high-end premium CD receiver equipped with large LCD panel, NFC (Near Field Communication) one-touch connectivity, and superior sounding Bluetooth® supporting AAC. In addition to bolstered DSP performance, it also enables basic operation and sound setting with remote application support.
- Safe driving support feature-equipped high image quality dashboard camera that enables integration with KENWOOD display audio products.
- From the eXcelon series: An OEM integrated amp with ADS module to deliver high quality sound in factory-installed systems. A high-power monaural amp with 1000W output power to drive the subwoofer. New speaker lineup with newly designed large tweeter and woofer driver for increased sound quality.
2) Prominent lineup of new products under the JVC brand with enhanced linkage with smartphones.
- New AV receivers equipped with Bluetooth®, Apple CarPlay™, Android Auto™, compatibility with High Resolution Audio sources, and 6.8-inch panel.
- Bluetooth® compatible new CD receiver lineup, including models offering 3-zone variable illumination, and all models with 2-line LCD display. Improved DSP functionality, preset equalizer to maximize the powerful sound of drvn speakers to match the music source, and remote application support for operation and settings.
Major exhibits in the Media Service Sector
1) “ProHD Wireless Bridge” newsgathering solution using demo car equipped with streaming camera and IP uplink system.
- Leverages our know-how in newsgathering and live streaming technologies to enable flexible real-time mobile transmission from challenging remote locations. Newsworthy solution using very cost-effective ProHD camcorder.
2) Lineup of new headphones focusing on wireless models to meet the various needs of users.
- Three new headphone series lineup with rich color variations — Gumy Wireless, Marshmallow Wireless, and Colorful Wireless — all equipped with Bluetooth® technology to casually enjoy wireless listening.
- New sport-use wireless headphones featuring excellent secure fit and comfort for serious runners and joggers
3) A new line of D-ILA projectors equipped with the “4K e-shift” technology to achieve exceptional brightness and high contrast.
- New 4K/HDR-compatible D-ILA projectors will be displayed that are equipped with original D-ILA devices and capable of reproducing brilliant and powerful images.
OEM business efforts in the Automotive Sector – Special Exhibit
Spotlighting the OEM business playing a key role in the Automotive Sector, our main growth area, with exhibits of our exclusive products.
1) Demonstration of a Mitsubishi Motors vehicle installed with genuine display audio that links with smartphones.
- On exhibit will be the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander with factory-installed display audio system, supporting Apple CarPlay™ and Android Auto™. The display audio system will showcase apps on the User Interface and is optimized for in-car use when a compatible smartphone is connected, as well as phone and message communication, voice commands, car navigation, and music.
(Automobile courtesy of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation)
2) Technology Partnership with McLaren Automotive and our initiatives
- In addition to our collaborative relationship so far, JVCKENWOOD and McLaren Automotive entered into a Technology Partnership in 2016. At the exhibition, JVCKENWOOD will showcase the McLaren 570S GT4 manufactured by McLaren Automotive for the purpose of reference.
About 2017 International CES
- : 2017 International CES
- : Consumer Technology Association (CTA)
- : January 5 (Thu) – 8 (Sun), 2017
- : Las Vegas Convention and World Trade Center (Las Vega, Nevada, USA)
(JVCKENWOOD booth: North Hall #4602, Las Vegas Convention and World Trade Center)
- Official website
- : http://www.ces.tech/
- AppleCarPlay™ is a trademark or registered trademark of Apple Inc.
- Android Auto™ is a trademark or registered trademark of Google Inc.
- DSD™ is a trademark or registered trademark of Sony Corporation.
- N-Mark is a trademark or registered trademark of NFC Forum, Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Bluetooth® and the Bluetooth logo are registered trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc., used under license by JVCKENWOOD Corporation.
- eXcelon is a trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation registered in the U.S.
- 4K 3-shift and drvn are trademark or registered trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation.
- All other company names, brand names and product names are registered trademarks or trade names of their respective holders.
For further information, please contact
- [Media Contact]
- Public Investor and Shareholder Relations Department, Corporate Communication Division, JVCKENWOOD Corporation 3-12, Moriya-cho, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 221-0022 Japan