January 11, 2012
Introduction to JVC KENWOOD Booth at 2012 International CES
Promoting “JVC” “KENWOOD” new Products & Technologies for 2012
JVC KENWOOD Corporation will be exhibiting both “JVC” and “KENWOOD” brands at the 2012 International CES, one of the world’s largest consumer electronics shows, that will be held from January 10 to13 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Here the company will introduce next-generation solutions for visual and mobile entertainment, as well as promote their technologies and products, and implement sales promotion activities.
[ Mobile Entertainment Booth Image ]
Main Exhibits for Mobile Entertainment Booths: North Hall #1801 and #1810
- Next-generation in-vehicle display: HUD (Head-Up Display) [Technical Exhibit]
Technical exhibit of next-generation in-vehicle display proposed by JVC KENWOOD. Using LCOS (Liquid Crystal On Silicon) which is highly regarded in high-performance projectors, to display high-resolution images as if floating in mid-air in front of the windshield. By superimposing navigation information, speed, alerts, etc., on the windshield view, the need to shift the line of sight during driving will be minimized. Information required for safe and comfortable driving can be acquired with minimal effort. HUD can be experienced first-hand at both the JVC and KENWOOD booths.
North Hall #1801: Main Exhibits for “KENWOOD” Brand
- Enhanced integration with smartphones, supporting not only iPhone but also Android™ and Blackberry. New lineup of In-car Navigation Systems and CD receivers supporting Pandora internet radio, Built-in HD Radio and SiriusXM Ready from high-end models down to entry level models.
- New products including Aha Radio (for iPhone/Android™) compatible In-car Navigation System, Garmin iPhone App compatible DVD receivers, etc.
- New amplifiers and subwoofer of “eXcelon” lineup. Totally redesigned lineup for “PERFORMANCE SERIES” and “SPORT SERIES” speakers.
North Hall #1810: Main Exhibits for “JVC” Brand
- New In-car Navigation Systems for North American market featuring our originally developed navigation engine highly regarded in Japan for its quick launching, quick scrolling and quick response capabilities. New In-car Navigation Systems ranging from 7-inch high-end model with Pandora and iHeartRadio compatibility as well as Built-in HD Radio, to entry class models.
- Receiver lineup offering enhanced integration with smartphones, including DVD receivers supporting various iPhone applications, and Bluetooth® receivers offering unprecedented usability with originally developed applications for Android™ smartphone.
- Digital media receiver with newly redesigned front panel resulting from enhanced USB and smartphone connectivity, priced for mass sales.
[ Home & Mobile Entertainment Booth Image ]
Main Exhibits for “Home & Mobile Entertainment” Booth: Central Hall #8225
1. Products and technologies proposing next-generation visual solutions, and usage scenes.
- Professional-use 4K2K camera equipped with originally developed “FALCONBRID” High-Speed Processor, providing a next-generation imaging solution.
- 4K2K/3D-compatible D-ILA home theater projector
- New lineup of Everio Full HD Memory Camcorders equipped with Wi-Fi
- [Technical Exhibits]
- 1) Prototype of live streaming camera developed to address the growing need for video streaming made possible by increasingly higher Internet speeds. This next-generation camera combines high quality image with intuitive interface for remote pan/tilt/zoom control via smartphone or tablet.
- 2) Prototype of 4K2K shooting camera supporting interchangeable lenses and equipped with large-size image sensor.
2. Technical Exhibit of High Quality Sound
- U.S. debut of HA-FXT90 Inner-ear Headphone equipped with “twin system unit” renowned in Japan and Asia.
- 9.1ch surround demo of front height speakers equipped with “omni directional speaker” [Technical Exhibit]
- K2HD processor sound quality demo [Technical Exhibit]
3. New Home Entertainment Products
- Headphone series “XX” (XTREME XPROSIVES) based on concept of deep bass sound and toughness.
- Headphone series “RIPTIDZ” incorporating concept of youthful casual fashion trends and lifestyles.
- Portable audio system “Kaboom” with ultra-bass sound in tube style design.
- iPod is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
- Kaboom is a registered trademark of JVC Americas Corp. in U.S.
- All brand and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For further information, please contact:
Advertising and Publicity, Strategic Marketing Planning Division, JVC KENWOOD Corporation
3-12, Moriya-cho, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 221-0022 Japan