January 5, 2015
Details Announced for JVCKENWOOD Group exhibit
at 2015 International CES
Exhibitions of New 2015 Products from the KENWOOD and JVC brands as well as
Proposals in CAROPTRONICS
JVCKENWOOD Corporation will exhibit new products in the Car Entertainment and Optical & Audio Entertainment fields from the KENWOOD and JVC brands at the 2015 International Consumer Electronics Show (CES), one of the world’s largest electronics shows, to be held from January 6 (Tue) to 9 (Fri), 2015, in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A. This year, exhibits will include a showcar equipped with a Digital Cockpit System that utilizes CAROPTRONICS* technologies currently under development for commercialization.
*CAROPTRONICS is our original name for a technology that applies opto-electronics technology to in-car applications.
KENWOOD booth, JVC booth (artist’s impression)
KENWOOD brand main exhibits (North Hall #1702)
1. 2015 new products of Car Electronics Entertainment
- Display Audio compatible with Apple® CarPlay® or Android Auto will be introduced. New line of products with enhanced linkage with smartphones via wireless mirroring will be on exhibit.
- Models equipped with AOA2-compatible Android™ music playback, and models equipped with aptX®/AAC-compatible Bluetooth® for high-quality sound, as well as 1-DIN CD receiver compatible with Internet radios such as Pandora and iHeartRadio, and new line of 2-DIN CD receivers will be on exhibit.
- New line of products in the eXcelon Series including oversized subwoofers, marine speakers, and amplifiers equipped with Bluetooth®.
JVC brand main exhibits (North Hall #1711)
1. Unique line-ups of Car Entertainment
- New AV receiver models standard-equipped with menu layout customizable GUI, including those with a unique symmetrical design featuring large buttons positioned on the left and right of the display, and models enabling the receiver to be operated via smartphone by virtue of HDMI® or MHL® connection, will be introduced.
- New line of CD receivers offering enhanced usability by supporting Android™ music playback (AOA2) through an app extension will be on exhibit.
- New line of speakers and amps, including the HX Series speakers delivering clear high-grade sound, as well as the drvn Series with its powerful sound and aggressive design, will be introduced.
2． New line of Headphones with various concepts to support diverse user requirements
- New line of XX (XTREME XPLOSIVES) Series of headphones based on the concept of Ultimate bass and toughness including inner ear headphones HA-FX102/FR202, and headband headphones HA-MR60X/SR50X. HA-FR202, HA-MR60X, and HA-SR50X are equipped with remote and microphone compatible with smartphones.
- New XX ELATION Series headphones HA-FR100X and HA-SBT200X/SR100X with the concept of club music playback.
- HA-ECX20 inner ear headphones for sports that adopts newly developed Pivot Motion that fits firmly on the ears.
3． Camcorder lineup accommodates various usage situations and achieves high-definition images with 4K resolution
- Everio GZ-R10/R30/R70 All-weather high-definition memory camcorders are water-proof, dust-proof, shock-proof and freeze-proof to offer Quad-Proof toughness while also equipped with large-capacity built-in battery to deliver longer recording time.
- Compact and lightweight Professional 4K handheld compact camcorder GY-HM200 supports 4K resolution high-definition recording.
- Exchangeable-lens type 4K memory card camcorder incorporates 4K compatible Super35mm image sensor and Micro Four Thirds system lens mount.
Main exhibits for CAROPTRONICS (North Hall #1702)
1. Technology Proposal for the Revolutionary New Driver Support System “i-ADAS”* that facilitates driver safety and safe driving [Reference exhibit]
A showcar will be on display, equipped with the Digital Cockpit System — comprised of head up display, car-mounted HD cameras and digital instrument cluster — that JVCKENWOOD has been promoting for its contribution to the safety and security in future society.
- High-resolution Head-up Display that displays full-color high-definition vehicle information on the windshield for safe driving.
- High-resolution Digital Instrument Cluster equipped with full-color graphics display to enable various display layouts.
- Advanced, High-resolution Digital Mirror to replace the conventional side mirror with a combination of cameras and a display to supply mirror-quality live video in the field of vision while driving.
- High-visibility Around Vision Camera System that provides clear visibility of 360° surrounding the vehicle from a bird’s eye view.
- FIR (far infra-red) Camera System that quickly detects pedestrians walking in front of a car while driving at night to support safe driving.
- Infotainment Display that displays telematics services, navigation, and audiovisual content.
*i-ADAS is a registered trademark of JVCKENWOOD that stands for innovative Advanced Driver Assistance System.
- Apple®, CarPlay® are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc. • aptX® and aptX logo are registered trademarks of CSR plc.
- HDMI® is a trademark or registered trademark of HDMI Licensing, LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- MHL® is a trademark or registered trademark of MHL, LLC in the U.S. and/or other countries.
- Pandora is the corporate name of the Pandora Internet radio station in the U.S.
- iHeartRadio is a registered trademark of Clear Channel Broadcasting, Inc.
- Bluetooth® and the Bluetooth logo are registered trademarks of Bluetooth SIG, Inc., used under license by JVCKENWOOD Corporation.
- CAROPTRONICS is a name created by JVCKENWOOD Corporation; it is a trademark or registered trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation.
- i-ADAS is a name created by JVCKENWOOD Corporation; it is a trademark or registered trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation.
- drvn is a trademark or registered trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation. • eXcelon is a trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation registered in the U.S.
- XX/ELATION is a trademark of JVCKENWOOD Corporation.
- All other company names, brand names and product names are registered trademarks or trade names of their respective holders.
For further information, please contact:
- Public Relations & IR Department, Corporate Management Division, JVCKENWOOD Corporation
3-12, Moriya-cho, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 221-0022 Japan