August 10, 2016
KENWOOD brand amateur radio showcased in the exhibition
Details Announced for JVCKENWOOD Booth at Amateur Radio Festival Ham Fair 2016
— KENWOOD's new 144/430 MHz dual bander TH-D74 unveiled
JVCKENWOOD will exhibit at the Amateur Radio Festival Ham Fair 2016, to be held at Tokyo Big Sight on August 20 (Sat.) and 21 (Sun.).
We will put on display our wide range of radio equipment marketed under the KENWOOD brand. In addition, TH-D74, a new portable high-end 144/430 MHz dual bander amateur radio slated for launch in late August, will be making its debut. A presentation will be given to explain its features, and visitors will be able to try out an actual model.
Conceptual image of JVCKENWOOD Booth
Main Exhibit (JVCKENWOOD Booth: West Hall 2 / No.D-01)
1. [New Product] An exhibit of 144/430 MHz dual bander TH-D74 (Scheduled for Release in Late August)
The TH-D74, a handy-type, top-end radio equipment that supports both APRS and D-STAR® to allow for a variety of applications, will be exhibited for the first time. Its features will be demonstrated in a presentation performed in the main stage area. In addition, the visitors will be able to try out an actual model in the exhibition corner.
2. Try-out Corner for APRS
Models equipped with an APRS (Automatic Packet Reporting System) data communication system will be exhibited and visitors can experience data communication over amateur radio. (Models scheduled to be exhibited: TH-D74, TM-D710G, and TH-D72)
3. Try-out Corner for TS-990 HF/50MHz Transceiver
KENWOOD's flagship model TS-990 HF-band amateur radio will be exhibited.
4. Try-out Corner for TS-590G HF/50MHz Transceiver
TS-590G, a middle price-range transceiver, featuring high reception performance, will be exhibited.
5. Lineup of analog & digitalLicense-free transceivers and commercial radio will be on display
Outline of Amateur Radio Festival Ham Fair 2016
- Exhibition period : August 20, 2016 (Sat.) 10:00 – 17:00; August 21, 2016 (Sun.) 10:00 – 16:00
- Venue : Tokyo Big Sight West Hall 2
- Sponsored by The Japan Amateur Radio League
- Official website: http://www.jarl.org/Japanese/1_Tanoshimo/1-3_Ham-Fair/Ham-Fair.htm
- D-STAR® is a registered trademark of The Japan Amateur Radio League.
- All other company names, brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.
For further information, please contact:
- [Media Contact] Public Relations, IR & SR Department Corporate Communication Division, JVCKENWOOD Corporation
3-12, Moriya-cho, Kanagawa-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa 221-0022 Japan
- [Customer Contact] JVCKENWOOD Customer Support Center
TEL: 0120-2727-87 (toll-free call from landline phones) /
0570-010-114 (Navi Dial from mobile phones and PHS) / 045-450-8950 (some IP phones)